When should I use proofreading / editing and when tutoring?
Proofreading/editing is ideal when you want
- written feedback and guidance for an assignment. No matter what stage you have reached — just starting out, halfway, final draft –, you’ll get plenty of advice on how to improve your assignment, with actual corrections.
- written feedback for exam Paper 1 and Paper 2. We have a large archive of previous questions and exams , with IB examiner evaluations. Write your own responses to any of these exam prompts and get detailed feedback and evaluation on each of your responses. You can, of course, opt to get all your feedback via live tutoring instead, but this does not include a written record.
Live tutoring, on the other hand, is ideal when you want
- to discuss how to carry out an assignment (how to plan and structure a WT1, for example)
- to practise a particular skill e.g. writing a thesis statement, analysing literary passages…
- to practise for a major oral assessment (IOC/FOA/IOP)
- to discuss feedback
- to go over the criteria and aims of an assignment or of the English course
- any kind of academic counselling
For best results, we recommend you use a combination of proofreading and live tutoring for any one goal. Ask us for guidance.
What do I get with proofreading/editing?
- all surface errors removed,
- improved overall coherency
- detailed guidance on how to improve your work
- a criterion-based evaluation of your work (when applicable)
- an improved grade
Our student clients come to us with a varying needs and wishes. As a result, we try to be as flexible as possible. If you wish something different to the above, do let us know. Please note that this could entail a change in the fee.
How long does proofreading take?
Normally, your work is proofread and returned within 48 hours. For rush jobs (24 hours), add one extra credit.
Can I get my TOK and EE projects checked?
Yes. Use the site’s contact button. Type “Check my EE / TOK” in the subject field, and attach your document. We will answer you within 24 hours. If you have a personal tutor, then you may contact him/her directly.
Will my assignments be posted or shown to other candidates?
Never. All your work is kept confidential never shared with anyone outside of IBcando.
Can I get proofreading for other subjects?
Yes. You can expect the same service for written assignments in almost all subjects, provided that the language of the assignment is English.
How many credits do I need for proofreading /editing?
- Teacher-assigned class assignments, essays (700 words or less) = 1 credit
- Internally-assessed assignments (IOC, FOA, IOP, scripts ) = 1 credit
- Externally-assessed assignments (WA / WT or equivalent ) = 2 credits
- Extended Essay (EE) or Theory of Knowledge (TOK) project = 2 credits (one draft); 3 credits (two drafts).
- Same as above, with the exception that WA/WT assignments are charged 1 credit only.
(1 credit=29.99€. The price already includes VAT)